Aug 9, 2011

Chapter 9 – Everyone Is From earth

The road took Zed and his unnamed passenger towards the mountains that rose from the end of the road like sleeping giants woken by the sound of Zed's car. They left the road chomping darkness behind them and once they slowed down, Zed asked the girl a question that had been troubling his mind ever since he had started driving.

"Do you know anywhere I can buy some alcohol?"

She looked at him and sighed.

"There is a bar..."

"Great!" he cut her off, "let's go there so I can fuel up!"

"It going to be a little difficult to find."

"We have GPS, girl!" he said, "we can find the bar, get some drinks, and then you can tell me about all this and how I landed here and how do I get out of here."

"We can give it a shot if you're so confident of you driving abilities."

"And it'd help if you told me your name."

She looked at him with ice in her eyes. "I am Marilyn."

"You look familiar..." he said, "like someone from old earth movies."

"I'm just a shadow of what she looked like," Marilyn said, "she was the most beautiful girl of her time."

"And why would that be?"

"So that Wolf, when he reached here, would recognize me and cooperate."

Something clicked in Zed's head.

"Is there a race involved in this somewhere?"

"Let's find that bar and then I'll tell you all about it."

"I hope they will let me buy some alcohol."

"They will. The owner is from Earth."

Zed turned in his seat and looked at her. "Everyone is from earth, sweetheart, and that's where we go in the end."

"I meant the planet."


---

Might have some typos. Not enough time to edit cuz the laptop's battery is dying and there is no power in the house.

See ya tomorrow.

1 comment: