40 More Ideas
*DISCLAIMER - You read the content ahead at your own risk. I won't be held responsible if you decide to try any of this or if you get any kind of mental/physical/financial trauma from trying any of these. Some ideas are funny, some i've pulled out of my ass and some might be NSFW. So, USE COMMON SENSE.
Here we go!
I have chosen Roboto Light as the font of choice for this post. I know the formatting would be fucked up when I paste this from the word document into blogger template, but that's a problem for later. I posted the 60 ideas earlier somewhere in October and then Nanowrimo came around and then I got lazy.
You won't believe the kind of shit I have to deal with daily just to continue to be me, but that's almost my problem. You're here because you probably want to read the 40 more start-up, business, hobby, whatever ideas.
Right? I think you are.
So let's go forth and see what I can crack up from my brain hole.
61) A service that will send the ashes of your loved ones up into space and show you how high they've reached with a go-pro camera attached balloons. It can be really interesting for people who believe god lives in the sky. And there are always gullible customers in the market.
62) Roof with a piece of it removed and replaced with glass that turns to a mirror at night depending on the user's preference. Think of the uses. You can get people to pay for the installation of such mirror.
63) USB drives filled with religious sermons and bhajans. Better yet, make figures of gods in form of speakers to sell to old people and people who don't want to sing bhajans. Big market for this. Portable god speakers.
64) Drones on rent for marriages, birthday parties, graduation parties or any such gathering of idiots. They can click pics with the drones or use drones to air drop candies and gifts on their customers.
65) Treasure hunts. But they're nationwide and have a business focus. Give people working in corporate sector a way to go to different cities and interact with clients. Modules of such can be gamified and sold to business schools so that students can learn how to do business in the real world.
66) Permanent ink that is not permanent. It stays permanent for 24 hours or so and then vanishes on its own.
67) Jackets and gloves that have a chemical compound in them that heats up on contact with body. You wear a jacket and it starts getting warm. Similarly, clothes that keep you cool in summer. Some kind of feasible chemical reaction in seams.
68) Temporary steroids with zero side effects. Everyone wants to look pumped every once in a while. Maybe for a competition or for a fight or for whatever reasons. The roids make anyone look like a beefcake and then get expelled from body the next day.
69) Custom Sex Dolls in shape of your favorite celeb. Or your dead spouse. Risky, but doable. Had to do this for 69.
70) Pre-filled ntoe books for people who want to show off that they write a lot.
71) Diaries for sale. Pre-written on spec so that people can leave something interesting for their grandkids. Maybe as a prank or as a gift.
72) Energy drinks tailor made for athletes and high energy profiles. Corporates, programmers, police personnel, army, music performers. Basically any profession that has highly specific demands from the person involved. Not meant for regular chumps who can drink red bull and monster.
73) A pen that randomly changes color as you keep using it. For a dash of color in your life.
74) An easy way to recycle old electronics. Maybe someone to pick gadgets from your house, wipe the data, and pay you for recycling them.
75) An app that launches by itself at a random time during the day and clicks a pic of whatever is in front of the camera. Then posts it on twitter. No way to disable it. Snap-Roulette
76) Applications that can un-install themselves once their trial use period is over.
77) Employment for the beggars. Use them for organ harvesting or drug trials. Inhumane, maybe, but it is an idea.
78) Put contraceptive in the water supply of low income areas of New Delhi to stop over-population. Also applicable to every other city.
79) Free Television and cable for families with more than 3 kids, so they watch tv all the time and do not make more children.
80) Anger meter. A head band, ring or watchthat monitors the BP and heart rate of a person to show their anger level so that others can keep their distance from him/her.
81) Moving teleconfrencing vans: For old people who are not tech-savvy enough to talk to their children who are living in other countries. They place a call and the technicians in the van create a high speed video conference for two parties.
82) A radio or a TV station that plays nothing but adverts. Pure adverts. Users who listen to adverts and call-in to answer number based questions stand to win prizes through a draw. Fuck entertainment, tv programming and radio jockeys, let's get straight to business.
83) An ad-free version of newspaper, which costs more than the usual newspaper, but has higher quality of stories, better paper and impartial news coverage. Kind of like ET, but better.
84) Everyone should live with just three sets of high quality, fashionable set of clothes.
85) Shoes that prevent your feet from stinking.
86) A dog collar that injects a temporary paralyzing drug into the dog's system disables it if it goes beyond a certain area, eg: home wifi range. At the same time, the collar alerts the owner that dog is running away or is being stolen. Slightly inhumane, but it can save lost dogs, cats etc. It'd be funny as fuck, too.
87) Themed weddings for Indians, but super strange and weird themes such as evil villain, underground base, destroy the world type parties with story and cast. It's a once in a lifetime event for many, and it should be different and super memorable.
88) Websites that pay you for reading and using them. Eg: a facebook clone that gives you a share of advertising revenue the longer you stay online and interact with the adverts. The website will monitor your front camera to ensure you're looking at adverts and not leaving your phone with the website open. The website can also give reward based tasks such as visiting a showroom to get an instant 20% discount in the next two hours or something.
89) A word like writing application/chrome plugin that works only when you're not connected to the Internet. If you're connected to the net, it will prompt you to collect research material and disconnect from the Internet. This will help people like writers in being more productive just like I am being productive now because the internet is not working.
90) Disposable phones, just like disposable cameras. Sub-500, single charge, disposable number, just use and go, good for a certain number of calls. All calls go through a server to prevent misuse by terrorists or unlawful elements.
91) TV programs like soaps, not reality shows, where users can vote on which character should die or progress to the next episode. The story progresses based on the votes of the users. It's much like big boss, but it can go for a longer duration.
92) Extremely bitter cigarettes. So that people are less inclined to smoke them. And the smoke should smell like farts so that people do not smoke them in public. Point is to increase the unpleasantness than the kick of nicotine. Plus, farty cigs would be funny.
93) Delhi specific. The roads should drive a small spike into the foot of the person who spits on the road. Cleanliness through punishment. Better, get kids who play online games and give them control of CCTV cameras and small darts that they can shoot at people who spit on roads. Make it a game. Just a funky idea.
94) Restaurant where you get to kill the meat you want to eat. Or hunt some chickens, maybe. Animal cruelty? Not really, you're here to eat the animal, might as well kill it with your own bare hands. It's a good stress buster to kill something too.
95) A chrome/firefox plugin that replaces all listicles with longform articles that make sense and teach you something.
96) Babies on rent: For people who want to have a baby but don't know how difficult it is to take care of one. Long shot, but there can be something in this idea.
97) Dogs on rent: For people who want to keep a dog as pet, but don't know how difficult it is to take care of one. Long shot, but there can be something in this idea.
98) A person on rent who comes to your home/office while you're working and smacks your head whenever you get distracted and open twitter/fb/reddit. A guy actually did this and paid a girl to slap him. But, it can be a good side business if you enjoy slapping people.
99) A place where you can get license for drunk driving. Some people can drive okay after drinking, others cannot. So, police should get some people drunk and then take a driving test so that they have DDL (Drunk Driving License).
100) People who write listicles on the internet should be given real jobs. Entire buzzfeed and its clones should be nuked and their website source codes deleted from servers. These people should be put in a jail and make to break rocks.
ALRIGHT! This is it. I made it to 100! Check the last post here.
Let me know your comments, criticisms, thoughts, whatever by pinging me on twitter @69fubar. If you want to send me an email, you can do it pa11av at live dot com. If you send me spam or PR mail, I'll send howler monkeys to rip your face off.
And as always,